ISBPA has agreed to a settlement offer with the State of Illinois on their Restore Illinois Phase 4 policies with bowling, moving our sport and industry to a more appropriate “all sports” guidance rather than the “indoor recreation” guidance originally posted by DCEO on June 22.
Here are the basic details of the agreement:
- Bowling Centers will be governed by the All Sports guidelines under the Restore Illinois Plan, rather than the indoor recreation guidelines. The current All Sports guidelines were adopted by the Governor on July 30, and can be found at the link below.
DCEO Bowling Guidelines: https://dceocovid19resources.com/assets/Restore-Illinois/businessguidelines4/bowling.pdf
DCEO All Sport Guidelines: https://dceocovid19resources.com/assets/Restore-Illinois/businessguidelines4/youthsports.pdf
- Bar or restaurant services offered at bowling centers will be governed by the guidance for bars and restaurants.
- The All Sports guidelines require a 30 foot distance between groups of 50. This may be accomplished by maintaining at least two unused lanes between groups of up to 50, which is consistent with guidance previously provided by local public health departments.
- Bowling centers will adhere to a maximum capacity of 50% of occupancy or 200 people, whichever is less, with the understanding that if COVID-19 cases should decrease and there continues to be no outbreaks associated with bowling centers, the Governor is willing to revisit that limit.
- In the event the applicable guidelines are changed in the future for all businesses covered by the applicable category, bowling centers will comply with the amended guidelines. So, if guidelines for All Sports become more restrictive, that will apply to bowling centers. Likewise, if the guidelines become less restrictive, that also will apply to bowling centers.
We have also assured the state that our members will continue to comply with procedures developed by ISBPA/BPAA Guidelines & Best Practices – see links below.
ISBPA Reopening Guidelines & Best Practices
BPAA Reopening Resource Center: https://bowlinguniversity.net/opening
ISBPA Proprietor Resources: https://www.bowlillinois.com/Home/Reopening-Resources